my brother is currently 'entertaining' me and my sis with his 'spectacular' fifa world cup kicks. what he actually does is, put a tennis ball down in front of him, yell "FIFA WORLD CUP" in this crazed fanatical voice and swivel around the ball, fall down and kick it towards the wall. yes. this is what he and my sis have to do for entertainment and im stuck in the middle of it all, when the ball occasionally hits me/my laptop/the mouse/my tissue box etc. they have this annoying habit of kicking it straight at me and when it almost hits or does hit me they say "Oops!" as if they didnt mean it.
im not in a very good mood currently. thinking about wednesday is just getting me down. i dont want to think about it. but whenever i think about anything happy, like going out with friends, or some joke about something, or going someplace, or even buying food, i think about wednesday. about what wednesday signifies - the close of the chapter of my life in singapore. the start of my life in bombay. yeah, im still going to be a citizen. but hello? its not the same thing. i have never cultivated a strong bond with Singapore. I've never felt a part of it like some of my friends have. I've never stood up for it or anything. In fact, i think if it weren't for my family's move to India I would have never felt anything remotely patriotic in nature for Singapore. It's kind of ironic, that the one thing that will take me further away from my home for the past 14 years is what has induced these feelings (of considering Singapore as my home) in me.
ironic and irritating.
oh the ball hit my glass of water. it spilt all over my pillow. have to go change my pillow. (the one im sitting on coz if i dont sit on a pillow my butt will hurt like Hell)
ok I'm back.
yesterday i went for an njc band concert with sok. it was fun =P and we came to this conclusion (as proof of the fact that we have intelligent conversations as opposed to the views of those people who think we talk crap): Women should drive men to drive them around. This is so true if you think about it. This way, women get to be the boss in any relationship. If they get to make their respective other drive them around aka do their bidding, first of all, its an ego booster. And second of all, the relatinoship will flourish! Coz when a woman is in control, only good things can happen. Just ask any woman.
yeah so we had loads of fun just talking rot. Sok: you are the only close chinese friend I have, and probably the only chinese friend i keep in touch with after moving to India, and I'm extremely sad that I won't see you for a year at least. [I dunno whether I'm going to be coming back to study in NUS (anything can happen) but if I do, it will be with mixed feelings coz I really want to study in the US of A and make it big like I know my parents want me to.] We HAVE to keep in touch. I'm so sorry I'm going to be missing your birthday and I really hope you can make it to the airport on wednesday. This feels like I'm writing my will or something, like some part of me is dying. Which is true - the Singapore part of me is. If I dont come back to study in Uni here. Life is full of mystery. You never know what's going to happen, you never know when its going to happen.
oh man. why am I so depressed? I shouldn't be because the memories I have of this place and all the things I did here for the last 14 years of my life are enough to make up for this. It really is. I've had so much fun here. With both my family and my friends. I can only hope and wish that I will have the same amount of fun in any other place with another, different set of people.
but I am depressed. Hopefully, when I meet up with Priya and Nini later today, this depression will vanish. It will. I know me. I can hide things really well when I want to. It's a quality of mine that is a necessary evil - I need it and I hate it.
and the fact that amelie mauresmo and not justine henin won the wimbledon womens' singles is not helping to alleviate my depression at all. amelie mauresmo sucks. i hate her. justine henin fully deserved that trophy, considering how she's been playing. and considering that everyone expected her to win. well. i guess tennis is like soccer, in that, in this season at least, nobody that I've supported is winning.
I wanted Brazil to win the World Cup. Brazil or Germany. In fact Brazil vs Germany would have been an awesome final. Germany is an amazing team too. And Klinsmann is hot. but old. but old men can be hot as George Clooney and Richard Gere have proved so many times in their numerous cinematic appearances in recent films. Anyway.
And I had also wanted Andy Roddick, Marat Safin or Mario Ancic to win the Wimbledon mens' singles trophy. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen and its probably going to be Roger Federer. Again. and he's probably going to win the US open. no surprise there. i wish Federer could just go stick his head in a hole somewhere which is not England/France/Australia/US. But he's such a good player! argh. i hate the fact that I dont support him but still want to see him play coz he plays such marvellous, beautiful tennis. It's like tennis is his version of poetry. He can probably make any type of shot a winner at the expense of his opponent (duh). And that's why I dont want him to win, while simultaneously admiring him and applauding his brilliance - I always support the underdogs.
I hope I find the time in India to keep blogging. Blogging helps keep me from being overloaded with emotion as I find it really difficult to talk about my feelings to other people. Ok. I've been exceptionally non-hyper during this post. Dunno whats up with me. Lack of sleep? Lack of food? Lack of good weather? Lack of anything to do around this empty house with no tv, no table, no chairs etc? Abundance of irritating siblings? Has to be one of those.
omg. i just remembered something. I found out that my dad has a blog! AAAAH! haha. i went there yesterday and read his posts - he has a sense of humour! He has got to be the only dad i know with a blog (im only considering dads of people i know). That is so trendy and modern! Appa! I didnt know you had it in you! =P I mean, you wear loongies and go work in some company! That's what dads do! They dont have blogs! and they dont post about stuff like male-bashing (yes, my dad's latest post is on male-bashing; he listed a couple of jokes at the expense of the (fragile) male ego)! haha! damn funny. if you want to you can go check his blog out at: www.vijaysrinivasan.wordpress.com
he's gonna be so pleased that im giving him extra publicity. please, whatever you do, DO NOT, inadvertantly, give him my blog url coz there's LOADS of stuff on this blog that i DO NOT want him or my mother to know/read. they will never stop talking about it. and they might get offended. you dont know my parents. so please, whatever you do, DO NOT give him my url. thanks. =P happy reading then! have to go suck my toes!
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Travel insurance us to europe Neurontin links to suicide 2004 volkswagen toureg car wax techniques Porn black hardcore Sheepskin car seat covers in sydney area as internet marketing tool 20 New zealand travel long stay insurance Bextra knee oa 2002 Frontpage web design hosting Car fuse box diagrams oldsmobile Football letters
Post a Comment