Monday, July 31, 2006

ouch!

Today, I subjected myself to what is the bane of all women.

Waxing.

It was terribly horrible! It was painful and ghastly. And women shouldn’t have to do it – I mean, why bother, when its not what’s outside that matters, but what’s inside??

Yes well. Its good to be idealistic and all. But the fact of the matter is – even people who say that they don’t care, have never cared and will never care, in fact, care the most. And I know its all nice and idealistic to say: oh I don’t care if I am hairy, but I will never subject myself and my poor skin to ruthless hot wax which strips away (along with all that hair) my moral values - on how the amount of hair on a woman’s skin should not matter to anyone and how it shouldn’t matter if a woman has hair on her legs/underarms/face etc. coz it doesn’t matter for men. Its nice to say that, nice and attention-grabbing, coz when you tell people this, they get impressed and they might tell other people coz not many people broadcast such radical views on this issue.

But the bottom line is…even though I would like to think like that, I just can’t. My hair (or the lack of it) does matter to me. And though I keep trying to tell myself that it doesn’t matter and it isn’t worth subjecting myself to such pain, it does matter to me. Unfortunately. This is what I get for watching all these shows on tv where hot, sexy women with Great bods prance about almost naked on the screen and reading articles in magazines with huge glossy pictures of the same subjects. Not that I avidly watch these kind of shows – they have kind of pervaded the world of entertainment so thoroughly, that instead of the consumer (by this, I mean a guy who is sexually frustrated) chasing after these shows, the shows leap out at the consumers. From all over the place.

I have to admit this though - the feel of your skin after you wax and put cream is just great. Another unfortunate piece of information that I would rather not be privy to.

In other news, my dad discovered today that what he thought was a bottle of shampoo, was in fact a bottle of conditioner – and he had been using that bottle, thinking it was shampoo, for 2 weeks. So he went and bought a bottle of shampoo plus conditioner. Haha! It was damn funny! I love educating my dad and my mum.

Actually I love educating anyone. Coz it makes me feel superior. Not to say that I’m not already. =D

There is something seriously wrong with blogspot and it is pissing me off. I cant type on the website itself coz the font colour is white and I cant change it. I have to resort to Microsoft word and then copy paste it into blogger. Gah.

Why do people say Mozilla is better than IE?
Ok I gotta scoot now. Play-with-brother time.

No comments: